Diane Lewis, MA, CCC-SLP holds the license issued by the State of Maryland issued by the Board os Audiologists, Hearing Aid Dispensers and Speech-Language Pathologists. She, also, hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence issued by the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
Diane Lewis, MA, CCC-SLP provides a full range of speech-language therapy services which include:
- Comprehensive evaluations;
- Screenings within the schools;
- Individual speech-language therapy;
- Speech-language therapy in groups (social skills, drama, and feeding);
- Co-treatments with the Occupational Therapists at Canyon Kids;
- School observations and consultations;
- Home programs updated weekly and family support;
- Formulation of low-tech augmentative communication systems;
- In-service training.
My goals are to help every child reach their maximum potential. I have expertise in the development of feeding, language, auditory processing, communication/pragmatics/social, play, and reading skills.
Training and Background
- The Affect-Based Language Curriculum(ABLC);
- Floortime (DIR Model); pragmatics/social skills;
- Beckman Oral-Motor Therapy;
- Horn and Bubble Programs;
- Feeding Therapy; Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS)
- Sensory integration as it supports the development of speech and language skills;
- Therapeutic yoga;
- Music as a facilitator to language development;
- Augmentative and alternative communication; use of visual systems;
- Berard Auditory Integration Training;
- Fast ForWord;
- Reading; Lindamood-bell Visualizing and Verbalizing (V/V), Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Program(LiPs), and Talkies; Phonographix.